Home

Monday, June 7, 2010

Lazy Sunday Night


Last night I felt LAZY. I earned my laziness though with an ambitious morning that started at 4:30am (I didn't mean to wake up that early!). By early afternoon it was catching up with me and I decided to take a nap. Four hours later I woke up hungry realizing all I had eaten was a spoonful of pepita butter in the morning. I looked into my near empty fridge, some zucchini bread my brother had brought home smirking at me from on top of the fridge.
Just then I spotted some summer squash a friend had brought over from his garden. I opened the freezer and found the last part of a bag of shrimp. The laziest dinner ever was born! Here's what I did:
2 small summer squash sliced
1 small green onion diced
1 cup frozen cooked shrimp, thawed, tails removed
2 T coconut oil
2 T Jamaican jerk seasoning

Heat oil in pan and sautee squash and onion, add Jamaican jerk spice and toss, throw in shrimp and toss again, heating shrimp just for a minute. Voila! Laziest dinner ever! ~Rose

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete